What has Bobby been up to lately?
For two seasons, Bobby was the sole music provider (writer, producer and performer) on his buddy, Burt Reynold's T.V. series, "Evening Shade." Bobby wrote and performed every piece of music on the show including the theme song. His music won Bobby a B.M.I. Songwriter Award! However, even then Bobby was concentrating his efforts towards his children's stories. And the results have been phenomenal! His first animated story, "Easter Egg Mornin'" has become a staple on the Disney Channel since its debut in 1991. And his animated Halloween story "Lumpkin, the Pumpkin" is fast becoming a classic. Bobby has completed two other animated shows, but he is most proud of his television series, "The Swamp Critters of Lost Lagoon." And, if that weren't enough, the multitalented Goldsboro started painting and in a short time has become a world-class artist! You can check out all his paintings right here on the official Bobby Goldsboro Website. Take your time and enjoy!
- Bobby recently filmed a 30-minute infomercial for Time Life. He hosted "Pop Memories of the Sixties" which will feature "Honey" and "See the Funny Little Clown."
- Bobby will tape a PBS Television special, "Marvin Hamlisch Presents the '70's:The Way We Were" which will air in August of 2010. Bobby will be joined by his friends, B.J. Thomas, Tony Orlando, Ray Stevens, Debbie Boone, Three Dog Night, Paul Williams and others!
- Are The Swamp Critters on television? The Swamp Critters have been on PBS and The Learning Channel and are now seen on Dish Network, Sky Angel and the America One Network.
- I heard Bobby talking on the radio about having some kind of new eye surgery. How is he doing? (Barbara Adams)
Bobby answers: "As some of you may know, I've worn contact lens for over thirty years. During that time I've have countless scratched corneas, ulcerated corneas and other eye problems. I recently heard about LASIK surgery and decided to have it done. It's been over a year now and I have 20-20 vision! It's the closest thing to a miracle I've ever seen! If any of you would like to find out more about it, you can go to the following website: lasik4me.com"
- Where can I obtain a copy of "A Butterfly For Bucky?" (Ronald Lemcke, Nancy Joiner, Linda Baker)
Great News! "A Butterfly For Bucky" is now available on the new digitally-mastered C.D., "Bobby Goldsboro - The Greatest Hits Collection" which is available on this web site!
- Two of the most frequently asked questions about the Swamp Critters are, "How do the characters make their mouths move?" and "Are the Swamp Critters animated or real?"
Well Believe it or not, EVERYTHING and we mean EVERYTHING you hear on the show is Bobby Goldsboro... every character, every voice, every instrument in the orchestra, every background singer... EVERYTHING! It is unlikely that anyone in the world is doing anything like this! And, Bobby writes every script and produces every show! "It's the most work I've ever done in my life but it's also the most fun I've ever had," says Bobby. He even helped design a system where he controls all the mouth movements of every character! But Bobby is quick to point out that he has an outstanding cast and crew. "All the characters are actor/musicians in costume," says Bobby. "They're all great people and we have a ball every time we film the show!"
- We enjoy the "Swamp Critters" so much. Has Bobby made any CD's of the songs from the show? (Magajr)
Swamp Critters CD's are now available on the web along with other Swamp Critter's products.
- How different is writing songs for children than writing the way you used to? (D. Matthews)
"I really don't write any differently for children than I do for adults. If you watch the show I think you'll find that, except for using the word "critters" instead of "people" everything else is pretty much the same. I do ballads, blues, country, rock and roll... pretty much what I've always done. I don't think you have to talk down to kids or talk "baby talk" to them. We've received lots of mail from parents who tell us that even their one and two-year olds are dancing to the music. And, when parents tell me that their children are learning good values and morals from our show, that tells me we're doing something right."
- Bobby, any chance of you coming down to Australia? (Dona J. Hartwich)
"One of the few places I've never been is Australia. I had three different tours postponed back in the seventies because of commitments to my television series. Many of my friends have been there and loved it. I'd love to go to Australia some day, if not to perform then at least to visit.
- I really liked the "Best of Bobby Goldsboro" video. Any more coming out? (Ron Lemcke)
La Rana Productions just recently acquired the rights to "The Bobby Goldsboro Show" The "Best of ..." video is the first release. We've already had inquiries from fans about certain episodes of the series. We hope to eventually offer all the episodes once we have digitally edited them. We'll keep you informed right here on the official Bobby Goldsboro website!
|To send us your questions or comments, fill out the form below and then click the Send Mail button at the bottom of the page.|
|* Required Fields|